3/04/2011

No Surgery! !!! ☺

Yeah! Then again, I wasn't going to do it anyway. LOL That is, if it is absolutely necessary I will, but for now I would like to keep my skull intact. Thank you very much. ☺The doctor I saw was awesome. He answered every one of my questions and even some I didn't know I had. He also addressed my lesion. He said he was not concerned, but that we should keep an eye on it. Apparently it is in an area that could suggest Multiple Sclerosis. Seriously? I don't have time for this shit. He doesn't think that is what it is because of its shape and said it was possible I was born with it. He even drew us a diagram and gave it to use to take home. That is one for the scrapbook. Not.  So after our appointment Andrew and I spent and hour or so enjoying downtown Chicago. We ate lunch at Lawry's and then headed home. It was nice because it is rare that we can enjoy each other's company.  I am so grateful for my in-laws for watching the younger two and my friend for taking my older two to school for me. It is great knowing that I don't have to worry about them.

Lauren's speech is progressing slowly, she is up to about 10 words. However, her favorite form of communication right now is ear piercing screams. Boy, that is so enjoyable especially with a headache. She is almost amazingly possessive of me. If any of the other kids, Andrew, or even the pets are anywhere near me or touching me, she screams at them and pushes them away. I hoping she will grow out of it by the time preschool comes around or I predict many tearful mornings.

Allison will be 9 tomorrow. It is amazing how fast the time flies. She is having a friend party at a local bowling alley. We bought her an iPod shuffle and I have already loaded it up with her favorite songs. I can't wait until she opens it, she loves music and lost her other mp3 player. It can be anywhere between here and Florida since that is the last time she remembered having it.

In case you didn't notice, I changed the title of my blog, at least for now. I wanted something a little catchy, also something that means something to me. Because over the past 2 1/2 years that I have been blogging, I have realized how quick your whole life can change in an instant.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad your appointment was a good one and awesome for no surgery. Great news.