3/15/2011

I am so out of shape.

Ugh.  I  kind of had an idea when a few weeks ago I was thoroughly embarrassed proud that my 9 year old daughter kicked my butt in Just Dance 2 for the Wii. Yesterday, I decided to enjoy the warm weather we were having, (it was about 42*, What can I say? When you have been shut in a house for months and dealt with subzero temperatures, 42* is a freaking heat wave.) and I pulled the two younger ones in the wagon to pick up the older ones from school. It is about 6 blocks or so. Well, a block away I could feel the burn. Pulling 60+ pounds of kid in a wagon is not a good idea for someone whose butt has been couch bound for a while. Not that I don't do anything, I just don't exercise on purpose. Sure I am going up and down the stairs all day, but I guess it didn't prepare me for our hike. Boy was I glad when Nick, my 7 year old asked to pull the two younger ones in the wagon on the way home. I was shocked at how easy it was for him and actually had to tell him to slow down a few times.

So I am on a mission to lose weight. Ideally, I would like to drop 50 or more pounds. No, I will not be putting up a before picture. After all, no need to humiliate myself anymore than necessary. If, no when I lose the weight, I will put up before and after pictures. I am hoping to drop some weight before the summer hits. I am making better decisions about what I eat and trying to exercise. Thankfully I have a Wii Fit so I can exercise in my own home without the embarrassment of going to a gym. I just have to make sure not to do it when the older kids are around because they find it amusing.

1 comment:

Debbie Cluff said...

I am with you... we can be losing weight buddies bloggers... Lol. Hope you are following me back and like me on facebook!

http://retailbegone.blogspot.com/

http://twoprincessesandoneprince.blogspot.com/