3/28/2011

We have 25 words!

Lauren with the help of her speech therapist has a now 25 word vocabulary. She doesn't use some of the words very often, but enough to be counted. ☺ In nine days my baby will be 2. I really can't believe how fast these years flew. An average 2 year old should have 200+ words and be putting words together, so you can see why I am excited about the 25. She is even attempting to say her siblings' names.  I am sure there will come a day in the future when I have to ask her to be quiet, but for now I'll take what I get. Her most used word is Dada. She may not be able to form a sentence, but I can tell by the way she says it what she means. Often it is to ask me where he is, when I say work she gets a kind of sad look on her face, looks down and sighs yeah. Then she forgets and comes ask me again about ten minutes later. When Dad comes home, she gets so happy, claps and runs to him. Twenty minutes after he is in the door, she becomes my attached monkey again.  We play this game where she will ask for someone and I will say are they sleeping? She will shake her head no and say nooooo while grinning. I seriously never heard a kid sound so cute when they are saying no.

Alexander just totally cracks me up all day. He is like that persistent ray of sunshine trying to break through the clouds. He is always laughing, singing, and dancing. He is so full of life that at times amazes even me. The things that come out of his mouth are hilarious. The other day we are driving and he farted. He giggled of course and I asked :What do we say?" He said. "I do not know." I replied "We say excuse me." To which he looked at me confused and said "I thought we just said that when we burped." I told him no, we used it both times. His reply, "Oh! I did not know that. Thanks!" Okay, typed out it doesn't seem so funny, I guess it was a more you had to be there moment.


Nicholas is doing great in school and his behavior has been good lately. (Hopefully I did not just jinx us.) I spoke with his resource teacher a couple of weeks ago and she told me she has third graders who don't read as well and he does. It is amazing how much putting him on medication has helped him at school. This time last year we were so concerned because he seemed so far behind, but now he seems to be moving full speed ahead with no slowing down. He has been a good big brother, although he and Alexander get into little tiffs, it is nothing out of the ordinary. Lauren absolutely adores Nicholas and the feeling is mutual. They have quite a bond and it reminds me how much I adored my big brothers when I was little.

Allison has turned nine. *gasp* This is the last year until double digits. She is really becoming a great little girl if I may say so myself. Our communication book has been going great and I dread look forward to the day when the harder questions come. We of course have had some attitude problems, but I think it is normal for someone who is not quite a little girl anymore, but not quite a big girl. It is tough being stuck there. She loves to read like her momma and likes to please people. She can be very helpful when she wants to be.  I try not to lean on her too much with tasks, but she doesn't seem to mind. I am going to start teaching her how to cook and was thinking of teaching her how to do some sewing. It should be a fun adventure.

No comments: