3/17/2011

I knew this day was coming

yet, it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Today would have been my Mom's 68th Birthday. I knew today would have been hard, but I didn't think I would be such a wreck.  Of course it doesn't help that I had a bout of insomnia last night and only got 3 hours of sleep last night.  Allison asked me to make a birthday cake for her today so we can celebrate. It is amazing how kids can adapt to life. I do't want to make one, as a matter of fact I want to crawl into bed and not come out until April, but I won't. I will be making a simple Birthday cake for Mom and we will celebrate her life instead of mourning her, or at least I will try. The two year anniversary of losing her is rapidly approaching.  The pain hasn't got any better, it may be less sharp, but the ache that goes to my bones is still there.

Mom on her surprise 40th Birthday.