3/22/2011

Cold, cold, go away

and um, never come back? No, I am not talking about the weather. Although, I wouldn't mind if that disappeared for a while, okay, forever, but who am I kidding? I live in the Midwest not California. Ever since January a cold virus has snuck into our home and just when I think he is gone, bam the little booger makes a surprise attack. *sigh* I need to find this virus, let's call him Vick and get him out of my house. Maybe he is under the boys' bunk bed, or under the entertainment center. I thought I could flush him out this last week because the temps have been pretty warm, upper 40s to 60s and I have been opening all the windows, but nope. He is apparently more snug than a bug in a rug. *giggle* Maybe he is living on one of the cats, you know like you used to see on old cartoons where a flea has set up shop with a tent and fire in the animal's fur. I'm not sure how that could be since they are always licking them selves. There is nothing I find quite so annoying as being awoken from sleep to the sound of the cat licking themselves on my bed... Oops, sorry got side tracked there. Anyway, I will find Vick and will root him out by any means needed, well short of setting fire to our house. Such is the life of someone who has more than one child oh and whose said children do not live in a bubble. I have cleaned, disinfected, continually told children to wash hands, but alas, guess who visited last night? Yep, my poor Lauren has a cold and of course it couldn't have come at a worse time. The kids and hubs are on Spring Break and we had a lot of fun things planned. So now I am stuck wondering if we should all just go and hope that the evil virus infects some other poor unsuspecting family or just stay home with her while the family goes and has fun. She doesn't have a fever and besides not being able to sleep well due to the nasal congestion is in a decent mood. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: