3/08/2011

Things moms do and swore they never would.

We have all done things that we always said we wouldn't do it. For example, licking ones finger to get that last bit of breakfast off your kid's face as they are racing out the door to school.  Gross, yes? However, it is something that I just automatically do without thinking.  Today for instance, I had to run some errands and while Lauren and I were at our local Super Store, she desperately needed her nose wiped. This led to quite the conundrum we were not near any washrooms or even the Kleenex aisle. Of course me being the somewhat forgetful mom did not reload my supplies of tissues after our last bout of colds and I left the baby wipes in the car. What can I say? I forget things. So what did I do? Used my shirt? No, Her shirt? Nope, my coat, no way, her coat, negative. I know, the suspense is killing you. I took my thumb and pointer finger and squeezed it off her face and proceeded to wipe in on my jeans. Now grant it, it was absolutely revolting, but what was I to do? She hates when her nose is running and I figured it was better if the boogies were on my jeans than running down her face making her miserable. 


1 comment:

Jenn said...

No judgment here, sister!! I've done it too. :-)