2/12/2011

Communication book

I saw the idea somewhere, perhaps on one of those nanny shows or in one of those parenting magazines. Anyway, I thought it was a great idea and decided to do it. What is it you may ask? Well basically it is a way to communicate with your kids. I want my kids to be able to talk to me about anything. I was able to talk to my mom about most things, but there were still topics I was too embarrassed to talk about. So, I decided to start this with Allison. I bought a cute pink polka dot composition book and wrote a note in it explaining the purpose for the book. I told her she could write in it as little or as much as she wanted. When she had to tell or ask me something she should write it in the book then put it on my bed and I would reply by the next night. I know there are some days that we are so busy we barely get to say anything to each other. I don't want to miss out on stuff that they feel is important in their life. When Nick starts to be able to write a little better I will start the same thing with him.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of great communication.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What an awesome idea!!!