8/31/2008

Seriously?

I am down to three pairs of shorts that fit and two of those are elastic! Okay, so I'll admit that my other shorts were starting to get a little snug feeling before I got pregnant. LOL! I'm sure that since this is #4 that everything is going to pop out a lot faster. Seeing as that my stomach muscles aren't what they used to be. Heck, who am I kidding? My muscles were never that great. I know it is common in the 1st trimester to pop out a little due to bloating, oh what fun! Here is a picture I took of my baby bump a week or so ago, and no I was not pushing it out. Please keep in mind that my stomach was not washboard flat to begin with. Perhaps this is not a baby bump after all, but just my chubby self. Haha, either way enjoy. Yep, there it is, expect more pictures as I progress. I haven't puked yet, but the nausea really takes me out. My big fear now is that I'm going to throw up in the pick up/drop off line at the kids' school. *Note to self, put a bucket, some bags, water, and breath mints in car in case of hurling.* So I still don't have an official due date, but according to my calculations and an online calculator, I should be due around April 14th. That makes me about 7 weeks. If you look at the widget to the right, the baby is actually starting to look a little more like a baby and not an alien. Here is some information I found out about a 7 week Embryo:
The baby's heart is now beating regularly at 150 beats per minute.
The arm buds have grown and now the hands are beginning to develop.
The whole baby is still only 1/3 of an inch long, about the size of a grain of rice, but the brain, intestines, pituitary gland and pancreas are growing.
Though the genital tubercle is present, you can't tell by looking whether it is a girl or a boy, yet.
The baby's face is developing rapidly, the nasal pits have formed, the ears are developing and there are developing lenses on the eyes.
Woohoo! We have nasal pits and arm buds! Seriously though, I find it absolutely amazing that something the size of a grain of rice has a beating heart.

No comments: