11/01/2011

Chocolate Coated Popcorn

I admit, when I first found this recipe I was a bit thrown off, but let me tell you it is the best sweet and salty mix ever! So I decided to share this super easy recipe.

First off all the ingredients
2 packages microwave popcorn popped and all the kernels  removed(you wouldn't want to bite down on one of those babies)
I just used cheap butter flavored popcorn.











1 package of candy melts, any color.
I used Wilton's Orange Candy melts. 

Another coordinating color of candy melts. 
I used Wilton's Dark Chocolate to stick with the Halloween theme.
I only used about a cup of it. 
Assorted Sprinkles. I could not find my Halloween Sprinkles, so I just used some Wilton Rainbow Chip sprinkles. 
Now the Directions.
Place the popcorn in a large bowl.  Melt the bag of candy melts according to the directions. (The best way I found is to do it in the microwave according to the directions.) Pour melted candy over the popcorn and mix well. Your hands work the best, Allison had a great time doing this part!  Spread mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with wax or parchment paper.  Melt the other candy melts and drizzle all over the popcorn. Sprinkle on what ever sprinkles you want to use at this point also. Let set until firm, about 30 minutes. Place into a bowl and serve. It can be stored in ziploc bags for 2 days. 
Nice and melted

Getting ready to mix up.


I used a squeeze bottle to drizzle the melted candy, but a baggie  would work fine.
Yummy!