10/10/2011

I start my job tomorrow!

I am so excited. I will be caring for my almost 3 month old niece while my sister in law and brother in law go to work. I have everything ready for her and am looking forward to the sounds of a swing going again in the house. 

Fall has arrived and with it 80 degree temperatures. I have no clue what is up with that, but will be happy when we can get back to fall weather. I love the smell and feel of Fall. The crunch of the fallen leaves under your foot.

Lauren's speech therapist has left us for the time being. :>(  She is due any day now with her fourth baby who was also a surprise. I am so happy with the work she did with Lauren and I am confident that person she picked to take over for her for the next few months will be just a great. She evaluated her last week and found that she is has about a 9 month delay in speech. It also seems as if she has a processing delay. No big deal right now, but I am so happy i followed my mommy instinct and got her evaluated when I did. I can only imagine how far she might have been with out the last 10 months of speech. 

I have so many crafts I need to get started for Christmas presents, but unfortunately due to a serious lack of funds have not been able to. Which sucks monkey balls, but not much I can do about it. Hmm, I wonder if it is completely inappropriate to give people gifts weeks after Christmas. I am sure I will get things done, but it may lead to many late nights and some swearing. 


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm looking forward to the swearing part. ;-)

Have a BLAST with your niece. Babies rock. <3