12/04/2010

Let the snow battles begin!

Yes, you read that right. Here in the wonderful Midwest, the first snow fall of December has fallen and it is wet and heavy. The perfect type to make snow forts, snowballs and snowmen. The kids are itching to go out and play and I have to admit I am too. LOL The battle I am speaking of does not mean snow ball fights, nope it is the fight over the shoveling of the common sidewalk. You see, I am in a condo but we are set up more like townhouses where we each have our own separate doors. If I shovel, I shovel all of the common sidewalk and I even go past my house and right up to the neighbor's door, since that is the neighborly thing to do. Right? Well, apparently my neighbor doesn't share my views on this subject. You see every year they shovel from their door, on the common sidewalk up until my stoop.  So, they walk on a nice shoveled path until they get to my stoop, then they have to walk through snow. Makes a whole lot of sense. Yes we have snow removal people but they usually don't get here until the snow is super high or almost melted. Yeah, don't get me started on that.  So I went out this morning and low and behold, they have shoveled up to my stoop. Fine, you want to play it like that, bring it on.  I proceeded to shovel off my stoop, my other neighbor's stoop( a nice one), the common sidewalk from my stoop, past the nice neighbor and into the parking lot. I then shoveled a path tho my car and the nice neighbor's car. I would have been nice and shoveled to their car, but now they can bite me.   I took some pictures so you can see how it is
  
 



No comments: