12/18/2010

It only took 2 years

but I finally passed the 100 post mark! What a two years it has been.  I have gone through some big upheavals in life, yet I am still standing, although not that straight. LOL My mom has been on my mind a lot the past week, Christmas was her favorite time of year.  I remember as a child coming downstairs and there wasn't even floor space because of the piles of gifts.  Our house was always decorated top to bottom and the decorations stayed up until well after the New Year.  She loved watching us Christmas morning opening that perfect gift,  I think she got more out of that than anything else. I know now as a mom how she felt. I love watching the surprise and excitement on my kids' faces as they open their gifts.  You can see just one example of the gift mountain in the picture. Yes on the TV is playing the Yule Log program. My dad loved it and he now has a DVD of that Yule Log. This year Christmas will be different, we will get together at my oldest brother's home to celebrate.  I know change is hard, but I think this is a good thing. Being out of our family home for this holiday I believe will make it easier, at least for me. Last year I had a hard time trying to keep a smile on my face and keep it together, being in the house without her just intensifies the feeling of sadness and grief. My mom will be there celebrating with us whether we are in her house or not. After all, she would never miss a Christmas celebration with us.





 I don't need a Angel on my Christmas tree....I already have one in Heaven looking down on me.

No comments: