11/09/2010

Stomach Virus 2010 has arrived

Yippee! Actually, it is my husband's fault and I completely blame him for it's descent into our home. After all he jinxed us. I don't know what he was thinking the day he uttered the words "the kids have been pretty healthy so far this school year." Even as I was trying to shush him, I knew that we were doomed. After all, any well seasoned parent knows that you should not utter such phrases, just like you shouldn't wake a sleeping baby.  It started just a few short days after those words were spoken. It began with me, then Nick about four days later, then Lauren a few days after that. It was then Alex's turn and now today it is Allison and Andrew's turn. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was lucky enough to get it a second time. In between Alex & the last two. I was actually sick the same time as Alex. Andrew had to call off to stay home to take care of us and now the poor guy has it. I feel his pain and I completely sympathize, but after all, he did have it coming. LOL Just kidding (kind of). So today will be spent taking care of my sickies and disinfecting the house. I have my fingers crossed that this is it for the school year.

BTW, those aren't my fingers, just some random ones I found on Google.

No comments: