5/13/2009

Finally! Spring is in the air.

With the arrival of nicer weather also comes the arrival of the constant in and out of the door. Why can't kids stay outside for 15 minutes without having to come in for one thing or another? I find myself saying something I remember my mother telling me.."If you come in one more time, you are staying in. " *giggle* I remember as a kid wondering my my constant in and out was such a big deal, but now as a mother I do.

The few days leading up to Mother's Day was for obvious reasons hard on me. I really didn't want to celebrate and if my husband hadn't had to work I probably would have spent the day in bed. However he did work and someone had to take care of the kids, seeing that I'm the MOM I had to do it. LOL The kids gave me their cute gifts they made in school, my husband bought me a bench with a box underneath for our little patio. This way I could keep some of the kids toys in there instead of constantly having to go to the garage. Unfortunately, for the most part my day was cruddy. I was able to take all four of them by myself (yeah me) to a lake right by our house for a walk and that was fun. My son who I have mentioned before that has the behavioral problems was just nasty for most of the day. He was being mean and hateful to everyone. Toward the end of the day I had
asked him if he liked to have a mom to hug and kiss and talk to. After a hesitation he said yes. I said then he should think about how lucky he is when he is going to be mean to me because I no longer have a mom I can hug and kiss and I really want to. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, but I was just so drained emotionally by that time. Some days I feel like he is slowly breaking me apart and crushing me. Then there are the days where he is so sweet and good that I wonder if I imagine the bad times. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.(another momism)

I told my husband this year he had to figure out and get a gift for his mom. It was just too hard to try and think of a gift for my Mother-in-law (who has been really great) for Mother's Day when all I could do for my mom was lay flowers on her grave. I thought I would share a story with you about something that happened to me last week. My husband thinks it is just a coincidence, but I know it wasn't.
I was tired, but could not sleep. Everyone was asleep, but my mind kept racing. I was thinking about my mom and was getting very upset. I came downstairs so I didn't wake my husband up because I was crying. Anyway I'm standing in the middle of the living room crying and saying mom, mom when I hear this song, it was like from a kid's toy. I of course started looking for it. I walk up the stairs into the bathroom where it is getting louder. I open the cabinet under the sink and start pulling stuff out. When I found what it was, it just stopped (you have to push a button to get it to stop). It was this calculator, alarm, calender thing my mom had given my son in the fall. I had tossed it under the sink months ago because the boys kept fighting over it. I have no other explanation why it would have gone off at that time and not any other night. I think it was her letting me know she was here.

No comments: