5/03/2009

Ahh the joys of boys....

My son decided to use my husband's electric razor and give himself a new do. Thankfully his hair was already short so it wasn't that big of a deal to even it out. I think he was trying for a reverse mohawk. At least it was my son and not daughter who decided to do this. It is much easier to shave off all of a boy's hair and not a girl's. We were able to get my son an appointment on June 8th at a Pediatric Developmental Center at Illinois Masonic Hospital in Chicago. We are really hoping to get some answers to his problems. I've been trying to be more patient with him, but some days it is a lot harder than others. By bedtime my patience is basically nonexistent, although it is primarily from taking care of four kids and chauffeuring the older two back and forth from school and not just from him. I don't know how my mom did it, she always seem to have it all together. She even had to work outside of the home at times and still she never seemed tired or impatient. I'm sure she felt it, but she rarely let it show. I guess it probably helped that by the time I arrived my older brothers were 10, 9, and 5. Quite a difference than my ages of 7, 5, and 2. LOL.

The kids have been sick again and no, not with the dreaded Swine Flu. They have just had a good dose of pick eye and colds. So far the baby has been okay. I told them they had to stay away from her, they were not even allowed to look in her direction. Okay maybe that was being a little dramatic, but I didn't want to take the chance. I'm hoping this is the last round of illness for them until next fall.

I can't believe that tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my little monkey arrived. Time flies so fast. Next Sunday is Mother's Day, I wonder how it will be. I just keep thinking that it will be the first one I don't have to buy a gift for my mom. My husband has to work that day so I plan on taking the kids to the cemetery to lay some flowers down and then maybe go visit with my mother in law. Hopefully the day will go good with few tears shed.

No comments: