12/06/2011

My Son

I wanted to tell you a little about Nicholas, my second child and first born son. He has been a struggle since the moment of conception, but that has not stopped me from loving him.

My son can't sit still during a 20 minute dinner, yet can play for hours with Legos.
My son is imaginative and can build amazing things, yet 2nd grade math gets him down.
My son can be the most loving person, yet breaks my heart on a daily basis.
My son is extremely smart, yet continuously calls himself stupid.
My son is loving to his 2 year old sister, yet can throw a tantrum that can put her to shame.
My son loves to please people, yet is constantly fighting against us.
My son likes playing "boy stuff" with his brother, yet terrorizes that same brother by threatening to run away.
My son is a great person, yet hates himself.
My son is a never ending ball of energy and thinking, yet likes to sit with me and watch our favorite show, Ghost Hunters.
My son knows what to do to make his baby cousin smile.
My son gives the best hugs and is always getting out of bed for one more.
My son loves when I cook one of his favorite foods and acts as if he had never eaten something so good before.
My son adores his dad and wants to be just like him.
My son is sensitive and gets his feelings hurt easily.
My son is 8.
My son has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
My son has Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
My son will always be my first baby boy, the one I had dreamed of even if he drives me crazy.