1/26/2011

Multitasking

I am quite obsessed with it. :) I always knew I was pretty good at it, but I know realize how much it consumes my life. I rarely just sit and watch TV. I like to be doing something else, like now for instance I am writing this while the new episode of Being Human is on. When I am eating lunch I read. When I am sitting in the pick up line waiting for the kids, I read, write on the backs of pictures, or clean attempt to clean my van. Even when I was nursing, I was flipping thru the TV channels or doing something. It was rare for me to just sit and nurse. I regret that now. I can never get the time back and I wish I would have just been okay with just being still. Perhaps I have a touch of ADD.  Heck, even in my sleep I am dreaming of what needs to be done.  My mind is constantly going on to the next thing to the point that I become forgetful about what I am doing. I was making cookies one day, turned around for a split second and completely forgot about how much flour I had put in. I don't really like making New Year's Resolutions, but this year I think I am just going to try and stop to smell the roses a little more. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is so me except I am almost positive I have ADD. I think as a mom, you have to have some sort of ability to multitask! :) Love the pink and brown layout!