7/30/2011

Something that I noticed about myself.

It really bugs me when people ask me if I have a headache. I'm not sure why, perhaps it is because I know it won't make a difference. It is not like they are going to offer to take my kids for a couple of hours, or come clean my house or make me dinner.  I am NOT saying that I need/want people to do these things. It is just that I have a headache 97% of the time, seriously. On the rare a occasion I don't have one, I have what I call a headache hangover, I feel weird because I don't have pain. Let me explain something, I am not talking headaches that go away with a couple of Tylenol, though God knows I wish they were.  It is pain that three ibuprofen plus two acetaminophen doesn't even touch. I have learned to live with it. Yes, I know most people can't understand that. The thing is when your day revolves around constant pain you adjust to it. So now it is only the really really bad ones that get me down. Those are the ones that neither prescription pain relief works, where I am sick to my stomach and dizzy. Those headaches make the simple act of bending over make my head as if it will literally pop off the top of my body. (Believe I wish that statement was being dramatic.)  I still go on with my life, I take care of the kids, the house(to the best of my ability) and do what needs to be done because like I said no one is going to jump in and do it for me. I have even gotten to the point of lying when people ask if I have a headache. Not that I lie all the time and to family I don't, but I lie all the same. I view as asking a cancer  patient if they still have cancer every freaking time you see them.  Now can you see how it would bug the shit out of someone? Yes I have Chiari and yes that gives me a "perfect" excuse to just lay down all day long, but I don't. I joke with my friends about my brain slipping, but have never used that as excuse. On the rare occasion that I cancel plans it is because the pain in my head is so intense that I literally wish I would expire on the spot. Thankfully I don't get that pain more than once a month and sometimes I can go for a few months without feeling like that.  Maybe people don't know how to open a conversation with me. *shrugging shoulders* You can ask about my kids, my latest craft I might be working on, or even the book I am reading.  My ranting  is through and I hope I did not insult anyone. I just needed to get that out.

So that being said, I made Lauren and Alex pillows using these super cute stitch and stuff pillow kits I got for around $2 on clearance a while back. Lauren of course got Dora or as she calls her "Dough Dough" hehe Alexander picked Cars. 



You should have seen the huge grin on her face when I gave her this! 

4 comments:

Nikki said...

What ever do you mean? Do you have a headache? I wish it was just an ache. I hate those questions, or the one oh yeah i get migraines too. And im like oh really how often, and the say like once a year. F off, u have no clue.

I love the little pillow things.

Holly said...

I totally was thinking about you too when I posted this.

Jenn said...

Hey Holly, what's up? Do you have a headache? :-)

All kidding aside, it's very inspiring to see someone having to lay it all aside to take care of the needs of the family. Make sure to pamper yourself every now and again... you deserve it!!

Mama P said...

Did you have a headache when you wrote this? Gollee.

;)

I don't know what it's like to have chronic pain, but I do know what it's like to have a chronic condition that people won't stop asking you about. People ask stupid questions about foster care all the time too. It has made me really stop and think before I ask anyone else a question.