6/19/2011

It is wedding season.

Last week we got to celebrate the wedding of our neighbor and friend to the love of her life. I felt so honored to be included in their celebration. It was a beautiful beginning to a hopefully wonderful life.  Last night we got to celebrate the wedding of an old neighbor of mine who I also used to tutor. It is hard to believe that the smart little girl I used to help with schoolwork is old enough to get married. It is crazy how fast time flies by. It made me feel old. LOL Their wedding was also beautiful. They also had  Korean Tea Ceremony which was awesome seeing. It was something I had never experienced before and was very grateful to be able to do so. At the end of the ceremony the groom had to pick up his bride and run around the room with her. ♥

This Wednesday will be my 10 year Anniversary! You want to talk about time flying? It feels like just yesterday we were checking out reception venues and I was picking out my dress.  I still haven't figured out exactly what makes a marriage last. I guess it would be understanding, communication (which I sometimes am not so good at), and honesty. That can be said for any relationship whether a marriage or friendship. I am blessed to have married my best friend. He is truly a great person. He works his ass off at two different jobs and puts up with my crazy self just so I can stay home with our children. I am grateful that he realizes the importance to me to be here for them. I love him more than I did the day we said our vows, though some days I wouldn't mind giving him a kick. LOL All kidding aside, I wish the new couples a lifetime of happiness.

More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.  ~Doug Larson

1 comment:

April said...

That quote is so true.