11/03/2008

Is it really November?

The year has really flown by! I am so glad that Halloween is over. I was wiped out the next day. We trick or treated for just under 2 1/2 hours. We now have a paper grocery bag full of candy and that was after throwing away a bunch of candy. I also can't believe I'm already 16 weeks.It seems like just yesterday I was standing in my bathroom looking at the positive test and telling it (the test) that this was not funny. LOL As if the test cared what I thought. If it could talk, it would probably point its finger at me and laugh. I am feeling better than I was, but still have rough days. I go next week for my doctor's appointment and will get my ultrasound scheduled. I'm pretty sure this little one is a boy. I wasn't this sick with my daughter, but man did my boys give me Hell. I guess I'll know soon enough, that is if he or she chooses to cooperate. I weighed myself last time I was by a scale and I lost a pound. However, that isn't too big of a deal. Here is some info on a 16 week fetus and a new belly picture.
Baby: Your fully formed fetus, now in about its 11th week of development, measures 2.6 to 3.1 inches from crown to rump and weighs between half an ounce and seven-tenths of an ounce -- about the size of a peach. The head is still disproportionately bigger than the body, but the rest of the body is starting to catch up. In fact, your baby is growing rapidly these days. The face is starting to look more human, with eyes moving closer together. Toes and fingers are clearly separate, and ankles and wrists have formed. External genitalia are becoming visible. Intestines are shifting into their proper place, too.


No comments: