11/21/2008

Another week down.

So here it is one week until my ultrasound and I can't wait. I originally didn't want to find out what we were having, but now the suspense is killing me. Here is some info on the baby now.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. The hair on her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

I lost another member of my family this week. My uncle passed away, following the death of my aunt, his wife who passed less than a month ago. You forget how precious life is while you are in the daily grind until you lose someone and are forced to face reality. I didn't know my uncle that well, but wish I did. He was in the Air Force and served in World War II. He told me the story of how he met his wife and how he never understood why she picked him. He talked about how they were best friends and you can tell how much he loved her just by listening to him and watching his eyes light up when he talked about her. He told me that now that she was gone, he was just waiting to be at her side again and hold her. I imagine that they are now together, perhaps dancing their way around Heaven.

No comments: