9/12/2008

And so my frustration continues...

As you know, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I drove the 45 minutes to get there, signed in and was told that they didn't take my insurance. UGH! We have Illinois Health Connect which is like medicare, but we pay for the insurance. We have co-pays, pay for prescriptions, etc., just like a regular insurance, but it is run by the state. So when I called and asked if they were taking the insurance, I was told yes. The woman at the office told me that they only take full public aid. Excuse me? So because we pay for our insurance I can not be taken care of. We called the state when we left and the woman on the other end was completely baffled. She said the only difference between our insurance and full aid was we pay for it. So the search for a doctor is on again. I have already called at least 10 today and they either don't work on Friday or aren't taking my insurance. So I am giving up the search until Monday. I was really hoping I could get some relief from this constant sickness.


Update:
I decided to try again. I called numerous different doctors for at least 45 minutes, of course all of the answers were a unanimous no when asked if they take my insurance. Then I got to the last number for the day and was in near tears due to my frustration. When the woman said yes they would take me, I couldn't help myself and started crying. She was so nice and I kept apologizing and explained how no one would take me. She said she understood and not to worry about it. So now I have an appointment at 9 on Monday. Please keep your fingers crossed that I actually get to see a doctor this time.

No comments: