4/02/2013

Finally Validated

I finally feel validated for all my worries and suspicions concerning Nick. At his last doctor's appointment, the psychiatrist finally admitted that she believes he is on the Autism spectrum and is sending him for further testing and an official diagnosis! While in my head I was yelling "Well, DUH!" My heart was hurting a bit because everything I have thought about him was true and I wasn't just being an over analyzing parent. I knew there was something different about him when he was 19 months old and put his head through a bedroom door out of frustration. Did you notice that I didn't say I knew something was wrong with him? Because there is nothing wrong with my son, he is just a little different as we all are in our own way. As I told his doctor that Nick is just Nick and we will deal with whatever comes the same way we have been dealing with it. Today is World Autism Awareness Day so in honor of that day, I am posting a website so you can inform yourself more about Autism.
What is Autism?

No comments: