10/22/2010

So, I'm having a house party tomorrow.

What is a house party you may ask? Well, I was picked by www.houseparty.com to be a host for one of their parties! I am so excited. It is for Folgers coffee and Land of Lakes Half & Half. So I invited a whole bunch of friends over for coffee, desserts, and some girl time Saturday night. Which, yes required people to RSVP. *giggle* I did get more rsvps this time around, but you know what? I am not letting it bug me as much this time. It is their loss. So on the menu is chocolate chip biscotti, ( I am making them for the first time from scratch, we shall see how it turns out.) banana split cake, lemon bars, coffee cake, and butter cookies. I may also make some brownies or cake. I also bought some flavored creamers and plan on buying some Kahlua. Yummy. I'm sure that the people I invited are shocked that I am hosting this at my house. I haven't had a party or get together at my house in over  4 years. Not since Nick's 3rd birthday party when he pushed my niece off the bed and she ended up with 7 stitches in her head. Our place is not big and it is cluttered. I tend to be very self conscious of it. However, those are my issues and the people that are coming tomorrow night are not coming to critique my cluttered bookshelves or stick there nose up at my unmatched kitchen chairs. They are coming as friends to just hang out.  I hope this is one step closer for me to realize that good enough is well, just good enough.  Don't worry, I will delight you all with pictures of Saturday night's spread. Now I am off to take a peek at the biscotti......

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I really wish I could be there Holly. I hope you have a good time :) Eat a few biscotti for me!! That sounds delicious.