4/16/2009

What a beautiful morning!

This morning is what Spring is all about. Clear blue skies, sun shining, birds chirping, and it isn't too cold. It is amazing how much a little sunshine can lift one's spirits. My kids were even in a decent mood this morning. They fought a little but, I told them they shouldn't fight in the morning before school because it just puts the whole day in a bad mood. It seemed to work, we'll see how tomorrow goes. I am continuous amazed at how one minute they can be playing together nicely and in a second they can't stand each other and fight like enemies. My closest sibling was 5 years older then me so I kind of grew up as an only child. I never really experienced a ton of sibling rivalry. My brother made it clear he hated me when we were younger. LOL! Now though, I know he likes me. ;) I don't blame him when we were younger. Heck, he was the baby for five years and then here I come messing everything up. Not only was I the new baby, but I was the only girl in my family! Poor guy. My husband has an identical twin and practically had the ideal childhood so not too much rivalry there either. He also has a brother that is five years older.  So we are learning everyday how to deal with the continual fighting amongst our brood. With patience and perseverance however we will get through this phase in our life. After all if you think about it, life is just made up of many phases, some good, some absolutely terrible. It is just a matter of how you handle them. To quote the late Walt Disney; "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." 

I almost forgot, Lauren lost her umbilical cord yesterday. We were at my mother in law's celebrating her birthday. I went to change her diaper and the nasty little shriveled up thing popped out. Gross. My husband asked what I wanted to do with it I told him to toss it. I have never kept my other kids' stumps. Seriously what would one do with it? Perhaps I should have saved it for her wedding day. I could have presented it to her in a beautiful velvet box. Perhaps with a nice card saying that this is the black, dead, shriveled cord to which I gave you life, I want you to have to always remember me? Yikes. I'm sure she would immediately toss it in the trash. I guess I could have planted it, but then what if some nasty outside animal dug it up and ate it? Hmm, now that I think of it I guess it will just decompose in some landfill until a rat or bird comes by to eat it. Oh well, that is the circle of life. So anyway I am very excited that I get to give her the first real bath tonight. I'm sure it will be very exciting. After all the three other kids will want to crowd around the tiny infant tub, I'm sure there will be pushing, shoving, and screaming (maybe from me, maybe from the Princess who I'm sure will not like the bath.) however I will get it documented on film, because how can you not? 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I totally think you should give it to her in a velvet box on her wedding day. LOL That cracked me up!! Aww what a peanut. Time is flying! I hope the bath went well!!