4/19/2009

My due date was two days ago

and I was able to fit into a pair of my pre-baby jeans. Grant it, they were only one pair, another pair I had tried on were too tight, but still it is exciting. Now before you start stoning me, let me just say it isn't my fault. I did eat while I was pregnant, but I must have inherited my mom's high metabolism. You can ask my husband, I ate double stuff oreos almost every night. Now I just have to remember that I am no longer pregnant and those Oreos probably won't be so forgiving now.

I can't believe Little Lauren is already 13 days old. I want to slow life down, but as we all know that won't happen. I worry that I'm going to blink and she will be in High School. Who gave kids the okay to grow up so quick? I guess that is just more of a reason to savor each and everyday with them. The good and bad days, after all even bad days can always be worse.  Lauren had her first bath and didn't really like it. The only screaming was from her. My youngest son was the only one interested in watching her get her bath. Although I think it was because he saw an opportunity to play in water.  The older two were outside playing enjoying the beautiful weather we were blessed with.  

I am finally on the mend physically. I still get the occasional headache, but that could just be due to the fact that life with four kids under the age of 7 can be quite stressful at times. The days they spend all day fighting I wonder what we got ourselves into, but then there are days like this morning where they are all playing some silly game  together and having fun. Those good days make it all worth it. 

No comments: