6/06/2013

My advice, take pictures!

I'm sure you are wondering what I am talking about. As I was putting together picture collages with my nieces after my dad passed, I realized there weren't many pictures of him and I past the age of 5. Perhaps it was because I didn't want to take pictures or the cost of developing was too much or perhaps he didn't want his picture taken anymore. I then thought about how many pictures of me with my kids there are and there really aren't a lot. A lot of the time I am the one behind the camera or I hate the way I look so I refuse to take a picture. However I realize now that when my kids are older they won't care what I looked like in the pictures. They will perhaps see a picture of us and remember a fun time we shared together. Remember to take pictures of your kids with their grandparents too! The day after my dad passed Nick immediately asked me for a picture of him and Papa together. Thankfully, Alexander had snapped pictures with his little camera a few months before otherwise there would not have been any individual pictures of my dad with Nick. So the next time you are together and you are the one taking pictures, ask someone to snap a picture of you and your kids. I guarantee you won't regret capturing a memory to look back on.

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” ― Karl Lagerfeld


Mom, Me, & Dad

2 comments:

Mama P said...

Believe it or not, I am so guilty of this. I always leave myself out, or am so tired of taking photos for others that I don't take them of my own family...it really is a shame. Thanks for the reminder.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

Isn't that the truth. My grandma passed away a couple months ago and she was the taker/keeper of pictures of my youth. I will hopefully be able to get my hands on them soon. And now as a mother of 4, I take tons of pictures of my kids however I will admit with each child, it has decreased a little bit.