11/07/2012

Do you ever just feel like a complete failure?

That is me lately. *sigh* I feel like I am failing as a Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, everything. I try not to be hard on myself and try with all of my might to allow things to be good enough, but I can't I have this constant voice whispering in my head that I am doing good enough or doing enough. I try not to let it bother me, but lately more days than not it weighs me down. My house is in a perpetual chaos of clutter and mess. It doesn't matter how often I clean or how much stuff I get rid of or organized. I try not to use the excuse of a small house to explain the clutter. Seriously though, our place is about 1000 square feet, not a lot to house 2 adults, four kids, a dog, and 2 cats. So definitely not a whole lot of wiggle room.  I don't invite friends of my kids or Hell even my own over because it is so embarrassing. I have seen their beautiful clean, clutter free homes and cringe at what they are thinking when they come here. While I have fully accepted that this tiny place is ours for a very long time, I sometimes waiver and look over on the other side and see that the grass is a bit greener and they actually have one Hell of a yard unlike our sidewalk. I know a pity party will not help things, but sometimes it can't be helped. I feel like I am being pulled in so many directions that I can never do just one job great, instead I do them all half assed and definitely not good enough. Nothing will change anytime soon because I can't just quit any of my jobs, too many people rely on me. So I just need to accept that things will never live up to my standards and try to adjust them.

No comments: