7/12/2012

Wow

Has it really been two months since I posted? I can't tell you how many times I sat down to post something, but didn't. Nothing seemed exactly post worthy. Life is hectic and I would be lying if I say some days I feel like I am barely holding my head above water. Sometimes I wish someone would call and offer to take the kids (Hell I would settle for one) for a few hours so I can get stuff done, but that won't happen. My kids have been out of school for over a month now and only my oldest has had one friend call to invite her to play.  I have explained to my kids' friends' parents that I generally don't invite kids over to play. Our house is bursting at the seams with just our four that adding one or two more might result in mass chaos. I never can predict what Nick's behavior is going to like and it is just easier to not even bother to try. I feel like I am doing my kids a huge disservice, but what is the other option? Invite kids over and take the chance that Nick is going to have one of his blow ups? I would rather not even take the chance. Nick really has no friends and boy do I hear about it when on the rare occasion Allison goes to her friends house. I don't call parents and invite my kids to their house. They way I look at it, if they don't call they don't want other kids over. It doesn't help that our place is sort of secluded and we have no kids around us. I am just extremely grateful the four kids have each other. They may drive each other nuts often but they enjoy playing with each other. Ugh, see why I said there was no point in me posting anything. :>/

No comments: