8/20/2010

The Garfield Club lives on!

Well, sort of. LOL When we were younger, myself and two other friends decided to have our own club and since we all loved that sarcastic cat Garfield, he was our namesake. :) The three of us got together last night for food and 1/2 price margaritas and we had a blast. It is amazing that even though we might not see each other for a few weeks or even months, we can start talking like we never were apart.  I guess that is how it is like that with friends that have known each other for ahem 20 or so years. After the food was eaten and drinks consumed (don't worry we each only had one since we were all driving.) we sat and talked about anything and everything. The funny thing was our again mutual enjoyment of a cartoon. No, it wasn't Garfield anymore, but Phineas and Ferb.  They are a cartoon on the Disney Channel. I love those two little guys and my daughter has been nicknamed Candace after the boys' older sister who is constantly trying to get them in trouble. So perhaps, we will rename our club the Phineas and Ferb Girls.

Here is Garfield that sarcastic, lasagna eating kitty with teddy Pookie.

Here is Phineas and Ferb riding the waves with their pet platypus Perry, who also moonlights as a secret agaent. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The best nights! I'm so glad you had a good time.

bigredmommy31 said...

Oh my god! The times of the club were fun, and the Phineas and Ferb are the Bomb! I enjoyed myself there and the drinks and food were good!